photo MissAmericaJunkiesLogo_zpsd7b97e5b.jpg

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

MISS DELAWARE

From Miss Delaware 2013, Rebecca Jackson's blog...


"Growing up, I had never dreamed of becoming Miss America.  My parents discouraged me from playing with Barbie Dolls, cable television, and the Miss America pageant as a whole.  I grew up seemingly not preparing for pageant life but the lure of scholarship money caught my attention and I decided to compete in locals. I competed at my first local using my Senior Prom dress as my gown!  While competing, I had still never seen a Miss America Pageant - meaning I had no idea I that I was given the opportunity to change my life. It wasn't until I was competing for Miss Delaware 2012 that I envisioned myself becoming Miss Delaware and later competing on the Miss America stage..."

Just goes to prove... Miss America contestants come from ALL walks of life!  Thanks Rebecca for sharing your story :) 

And now - in case you didn't know it... the state of Delaware has been on a roll...

Galen Giaccone - Miss DE '08 - Top 15 and Prelim Talent Winner
Kayla Martell - Miss DE '10 - Top 10, People's Choice and 1st runner up Quality of Life
Maria Cahill - Miss DE '11 - Non-finalist Talent Award
Alyssa Murray - Miss DE '12 - Non-finalist Interview Award, Quality of Life finalist
Rebecca Jackson - Miss DE '13  Non-finalist Talent Award
 


In "Junkie-land"... this is the kind of thing that reminds us... Big Things can come from Small States!  Pay Attention!  You gotta be someone special, if you're going to win Miss Delaware! :)

And guess what??? DELAWARE HAS VIDEOS!!!  Check out their People's Choice videos when you click this link :)  Say it with me... "Junkies LOVE videos!!!" :)

Junkies Say Here's Who to Watch:

Brittany Lewis - 2nd runner up '13, 3rd runner up PA '12
Amanda Longacre - Top 15 DE USA '14
Amanda Debus - DE Teen USA '11, DE OT '08, non-finalist talent '13
Rebecca Lusk -Top 10 '13
Taylor DeMario - Miss DE United States, DE USA non-finalist interview '12
Janemarie Covel - Great video, back to Miss DE after 3 years
Junkie Dark Horse - Keturah Braithwaite

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!  YOU HAVE SOME BIG SHOES TO FILL!!! :)

MAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment