photo MissAmericaJunkiesLogo_zpsd7b97e5b.jpg

Thursday, June 26, 2014

MISS CONNECTICUT

Miss Connecticut 2013 Kaitlyn Tarpey, brings 'stubbornness' to a whole new level...

Kaitlyn was admitted to the hospital on a weekend with a collapsed lung due to a rare disease called Lemierre's Syndome.  Doctors told her there was a 90% chance she wouldn't even live until Monday.

"I said, 'No, that's not happening and you're wrong,'"


"I have a very Type-A personality. I'm fine now, but it was scary... I'm so thankful for my parents, who raised me to be athletic, in a health-conscious household. It was a habit for me to be healthy, and if I didn't have that sort of upbringing, I wouldn't have made it. So that was the first lesson I took from that. The second lesson was everything in life is mental. Absolutely everything. I think if I laid back in that bed and said, 'Okay, I'm not going to live to see Monday. I'll say my goodbyes,' I don't think I would have made it. But I'm so stubborn."


Dang Girl...  Defying doctors who give you a 1 out of 10 shot of survival - is pretty much as stubborn as you can get!  No wonder Kaitlyn finished in the Top 10 at Miss America!  She probably told everyone she would - and they had no choice but to believe her (and that's a compliment!)  LOL! :)


Truth be known, Junkies have a little "Type-A" personality in us as well... So, Kaitlyn's attitude can't help but make us smile :)  It also makes us kick ourselves for not picking her to make our Top 15 list at Miss America!  What were we thinking???  Junkies wish you all the best Kaitlyn!  It's pretty darn obvious you're going to succeed, because failure (or dying) isn't part of your nature! :)

When it comes to Miss Connecticut 2014 - Kaitlyn's Miss America performance has certainly generated a strong amount of interest in following in her footsteps!  Please note - Kaitlyn's Top 10 finish was the first for Miss CT in 12 years!  Who can put Connecticut on the Miss America map again?

Junkies Say Here's Who to Watch:

Acacia Courtney - 2nd runner up NY '13, Top 10 NY '12, 3rd runner up CT Teen USA '11, CT OT '09
Valerie Voccio - 2nd runner up '13, CT DYW '11, Talent Award
Elizabeth Wong - 3rd runner up '13, law student
Brianna Munoz - 2nd runner up MA Teen USA '08, 4th runner up MA Teen USA '07, Patriot's Cheerleader '11, Top 15 MA USA '11 
Molly Westfall - Prelim Talent '13, strong dancer
Kirsten Yerger - 4th runner up '10, Prelim SS
Alexandria Puglisi - Top 10 '12 and Overall Talent '12
Alyssa Taglia - CT Teen USA '10, 1st runner up '13

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!  JUNKIES LOVE KAITLYN TARPEY AND CONNECTICUT!!! :)

MAJ


No comments:

Post a Comment