photo MissAmericaJunkiesLogo_zpsd7b97e5b.jpg

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Final Post before we know the Winner, 2009

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!

The big day is FINALLY here!!! Tonight, we'll have ourselves a new Miss America!!! Whooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!

Before I get started, I must say that I appreciate the encouragement I've received from those of you who have told me to "hang in there" after the Vermont Episode... I was about ready to throw in the towel last night, but I have decided to PRESS ON and go with my gut for tonight!

Before I give you my picks - please know that the Reality Series has thrown a slight wrinkle into the overall choices this evening... But nothing too overly significant. One question I keep hearing is "what if a girl with a Gold Sash gets voted in by the public and they numerically qualified for the Top 10?" My understanding is... They are going with the public's choices as the "official choices" and then filling in the gaps with the judges choices. Therefore, the 4 "People's Choice" winners will reflect the wishes of the public and if they also qualified for the Top 11, then the next highest score from the pageant will advance to the Top 15... NOT - the next highest set of votes from the public. I'm not sure it's really going to matter - but thought I'd explain anyway.

OK - I'm confident of my Top 15, Top 10 and Top 5... It's the Winner I'm not so sure about... Here we go!

To 15 - Oklahoma, Florida, Indiana, Georgia, North Carolina, Delaware, Virginia, Alabama, New York, Mississippi, South Dakota, Texas, California, Connecticut and Michigan.

Top 10 - Oklahoma, Florida, Indiana, Georgia, New York, California, Virginia, Mississippi, Michigan, Connecticut

Top 5 - Georgia, Indiana, New York, California, Mississippi

Winner - I'm choosing Georgia... Although I'm personally hoping Indiana pulls it out. Kind of a "head vs. heart" thing.

Please note - I have not included Vermont out of my own personal protest. I'm sure she's a lovely girl - but I don't really care.

There are several others that I don't think have a chance at all, but I'll keep those thoughts to myself. Even though I've obviously violated the "if you can't say something nice..." motto --- I should at least stop while I'm ahead (lol).

The big event begins tonight at 7:00pm central... And I'll be faithfully watching all the festivities from my California home. I did discover that we're all watching it live, together - so feel free to email me or call if you have thoughts that you're desperate to share (although I prefer commercial breaks - smile ). I'll be online checking out a few "live blogs" from around the country... And wishing I had joined "twitter" prior to this whole thing taking place (if you don't know about twitter yet - it's amazing - google it!).

That's it!!! Thanks for reading --- I'll be sure to send up a follow-up email tomorrow after the pageant happens --- and you still have time to send me your picks!!! If you win, I'll brag on you to the whole email contingency :) Best of Luck!

crl

No comments:

Post a Comment