photo MissAmericaJunkiesLogo_zpsd7b97e5b.jpg

Friday, July 12, 2013

MISS VIRGIN ISLANDS!!!

Miss Virgin Islands, Aniska Tonge shone brightly in Vegas... literally.  Anyone who was there saw her amazing gold evening gown - The Junkies even saw her after the pageant was over and complimented her on it in person!

Like many of the other contestants, Aniska regularly updated a blog about her year.  We particularly loved an entry she made in September, reminding us how important it is to have a strong 'support system' in the life of a pageant girl...

          "I can't begin to express how amazing and rare this experience is. Today I took my official head and competition shots. What a feeling! I brought my mom along as well and although I love how proud I have made others, her being proud of me is truly the most fulfilling. She said last night that her little girls were all grown up and soon we wouldn't need her anymore. But how wrong she is. She has taught me every value of a true queen; resilience in the time of struggle, faith when the dark times seem more powerful, and above all love and compassion. I feel as though I am most prepared for this journey because of what she has taught me, so today I took my official pictures for Miss America, and that meant such a great deal to me...But today my mom used her phone and took a million unofficial pictures of her "princess" and that meant the world to me."
         
For all the 'pageant moms' out there who have taught your daughters well, the Junkies say, "Thank You" :)
And now - here are the 4 contestants vying for the title of Miss Virgin Islands, 2013!

Naydyeyah Acoy-Thomas - 2nd runner up Miss St. Croix
Ashley Massiah - competed in '12
Cahtriellah Shabazz - competed in '12
Jessica Willock - 1st runner up VI OT '11

Good Luck, Ladies!  Junkies Wish you the Best!!! :)

MAJ



No comments:

Post a Comment