photo MissAmericaJunkiesLogo_zpsd7b97e5b.jpg

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

MISS KENTUCKY

From Miss Kentucky 2013, Jenna Day's own post on October 13, 2013 - on her blog called, "Just Jenna"...


          "The best part of the day, was going to Morehead Youth Development Center. This is a school for girls who have gotten into some trouble and have made some bad choices in the past. The girls come from all over the state. This program serves as a last chance before being sent to a Juvenile Detention Center. I was so blessed to be able to talk to a small group of these young women at the end of the day. I must have stayed for two solid hours. It was awesome! 

I loved hearing about their interests, dreams, and goals for the future. Some of them wanted to be singers, and you better believe we sang songs together for a good part of the evening. And those girls can sing! They even did a mock Broadway audition for me (they were the judges...I had to audition). All of the silliness aside though, we talked about becoming the women that we know we want to be.
  

At the end of the evening, when the talking and singing started to die down, I had to start the long journey home, they all hugged me and thanked me for coming. Two of the young women emotionally and proudly told me that they were going to graduate from the center soon. Their faces, their expressions, their words I think will always be engraved on my heart.

But the interesting thing was...I was there to give them some valuable words of encouragement, but I think they gave something more valuable. They gave me a greater understanding of my purpose as Miss Kentucky. I will make a confession to you all. Right after Miss America it was difficult for me to settle back into the job of Miss Kentucky because of my extreme disappointment. I definitely had to go through a transition phase. Part of that transition involved praying thanksgiving to God for His will being done, even though I did not like or understand His will. But I knew that God had a plan, and these girls helped me visualize that plan more. 


As Miss Kentucky I have the ability to dig deep with the people and students I speak to. This job gives me the opportunity to truly invest time into people in a meaningful way. For the first time in a long time, I am completely content with where I am, I understand why I am there, and I cannot even articulate the incandescent joy that fills my heart as a result. God is good, all the time."


Well said Jenna Day - There's nothing further we could add.  We're thrilled you have 'made your mark' as Miss Kentucky - and your Top 15 placement at Miss America is certainly icing on the cake!

And now - who will be named Miss Kentucky 2014???  GREAT QUESTION!!!  Ugh!  This one isn't easy to predict at all...

Junkies Say Here's Who to Watch:

Kiley Schuffert - 1st runner up '13, 1st runner up multiple times at KY OT
Ashley Ferry - Top 13 '13, 4th runner up '11 and '12, KY OT '08
April Reinle - 2nd runner up '13
Laura Jones - 3rd runner up '13, Non-finalist Talent '12, KY OT '10, Top 10 at Nationals
Melissa Cox - Top 13 '13, Non-finalist Talent '12, baton twirler
Madison McCowen - KY OT '09
Erynn Landherr - KY OT '11, Pre-Teen KY '06, 
Claire Butler - Top 13 '12 and '13
Ramsey Carpenter - Top 13 '12 and '13
Lydia Allen - NAM KY Jr. Teen Queen '10
Wesley Ware - 2nd RU KY Teen USA '12, Miss TN US '13 Top 15 at Nationals, KY Teen America '10

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!  JUNKIES LOVE KENTUCKY!!! :)

MAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment