photo MissAmericaJunkiesLogo_zpsd7b97e5b.jpg

Friday, May 30, 2014

MISS NEVADA


Junkies are big fans of "genuine"...  And Diana Sweeney's work with the Special Olympics leads us to believe she's got 'genuine' all over her! :)

From the Polar Plunge Profile of Diana - as she prepared to take the frigid jump into the icy waters of Lake Tahoe to benefit Special Olympics - Diana says,


"The Special Olympics is an extremely important program to me. I have worked with special needs students from a very young age, and I couldn’t imagine my life without my involvement with the Special Olympics. I look forward to every single event, and I cannot wait to see all of my friends and spend time with the best people I know."

In Atlantic City, Diana was named a finalist for the new S.T.E.M. scholarship - given to Miss America contestants who are pursing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.  Diana's goal is to become a Math Professor - and let me just say... If Diana were my math professor in college, she would've smelled a whole lot better than the guy I had to learn from!  LOL!  It's a wonder I made it through that class!

All the best to Diana as she continues her super special work with Special Olympics and pursues her career :)


Now - Regarding this year's Miss Nevada --- There are 3 former Miss Nevada Outstanding Teens competing this year ('08, '11 and '12) - But that doesn't mean one of them will take it - Let's just say, this weekend's pageant is one to watch! 

Junkies Say Here's Who to Watch:

Angelica Bustos - National American Miss - Miss Nevada Teen Winner 2012
Alexis Hilts - NV OT '08, 3rd runner up NV Teen USA '11, NV DYW (Jr. Miss) '13
Bailey Gumm - 4th runner up in '13, NV OT '11
Ellie Smith - NV OT '12
Elisa Merino - Photogenic and Persistent :)

ALL THE BEST TO THE LADIES OF THE SILVER STATE!!! :)

MAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment